And Happy 8th Birthday, Bij.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Here we sit inside the heated, cozy, food filled, non-spider infested, welcoming abode of our friends who have taken us in for the evening for craft night.
Craft night is a weekly tradition, which produces the occasional completed craft, but most often becomes a special evening including many glasses of (usually cheap) wine,
a few (absolutely delicious and sometimes gluten free) snacks,
and hours of (girly) girl talk.
Some nights are held in a home where kiddos are being put to bed, usually spanning the entire length of the evening (thanks patient hubbies) - other nights are held in a home with too many doggies to keep track of, doling out kisses all evening under the table as we knit and chat away,
however, this week finds us actively avoiding our frigid stone house where apparently black widows reside. Yes. Black Widows.
It's not bad enough that in the middle of a dresser switch-out, leaving piles - wait, mountains - of clothing strewn about the house, our furnace starts blowing carbon monoxide up into the house at deadly levels, but we also find that the web being built daily in the bathroom belongs to none other than Ms. Widow herself. Crawling out of a bathrobe, MOMENTS before use, Ms. Widow prompted us to capture and rid ourselves of her. We thought about taking a photo for your viewing pleasure, but decided against it since we are both rather clumsy and we figured one of us would accidentally let Ms Widow back out into the house, most likely waking up with both CO poisoning and black widow spider bites all over our bodies. IF we woke up, that is.
For now the furnace has been turned off, so carbon monoxide can no longer filter into the house, and the spiders have been contained (at least the poisonous ones), so we will continue to hang out at our nice friends' houses until a new furnace can be put in. Hopefully that'll happen before next Wednesday... I hear it's about to snow.